Wednesday 1 April 2015

Card Stock Only Challenge


The Try a New Technique Challenge at SplitcoastStampers this week was to use Cardstock Only, and all of one colour, but not white - no ink, no ribbon, no buttons, no patterned paper, nothing but cardstock. Quite the challenge, but it was a great opportunity to explore what you can do with embossing folders, die cuts, and punches.

I decided to use Pink Pirouette as my colour.

Using my Stampin' Trimmer, I cut a 4 1/4 by 11 piece of cardstock for my base, and scored it at 5 1/2.

I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of cardstock and used the Texture Boutique to emboss it with the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.

I cut a 4 x 1 1/2 piece of cardstock and embossed it with one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders, using the Texture Boutique.

I cut a 4 x 1/4 piece of cardstock and used the Big Shot and one of the dies in the set of Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies to put holes all along it.

I used another one of the dies in the set of Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies to cut the greeting. I cut two of them and layered them just slightly off to give it a bit of a shadow and help it stand out more.

I used the Pansy Punch to punch the three flowers. I gave the flowers a bit of shape by placing them on a Stampin' Pierce Mat and using the rounded end of the Paper Piercing Tool* to go around the edges and down the middle of each petal and then pushing it into the center of the flower to make a slight indent and make the petals stand out. I used the centers of the letter "o" in the greeting I cut earlier as centers for the flowers.

I used a Snail and Mini Glue Dots to adhere everything together and I was pretty pleased with the end result.

It's amazing what you can do when you accept a challenge.

* the Paper Piercing Tool is pictured in the photo at the top of the page that the words link to but for some reason I can't seem to find the tool itself in the online catalogue

1 comment:

  1. This card is absolutely beautiful. Simply beautiful. It is amazing what can be created with an amazing imagination and some very handy tools :)

    ReplyDelete