Wednesday 3 June 2015

Fun at the First Stampin' Up! Open House


The Riverwood Inn banquet room was packed with excited stampers last night. It was so much fun!

I finally got to meet Kay, our fearless Newfoundland Stampin' Up! leader. I had meet her virtually through FaceBook and she has sent me a number of nice cards since I joined the Stampin' Up! group but it was nice to finally meet her in person.

It was nice to see Lola and Deidre, a couple of fellow demonstrators that I knew before they were demonstrators. They both have great groups of stampers to have fun with.

I also got to met Dale, from Stampin' Up ! Canada. I had received emails from him before but had never met him. Here's a funny true confession, because Dale is one of those gender neutral names (I personally know both males and females named Dale) I wasn't sure if Dale was male or female, until I met him at the event last night.

There was even a lady there from Stampin' Up! head office in Utah! This is her first trip to Canada and she came all the way to Newfoundland. I didn't get a chance to talk to her last night.

I was, however, talking to another really nice lady from the Stampin' Up! Canada head office but I've been wrecking my brain and I can't remember her name! She was super nice.

I was happy to have a few of my friends join me at the event and the photo above shows what we left with - a neat Stampin' Up! bag and three projects that we made at the event, using products from the new Annual Catalogue. The photo below shows our messy table and my friends busy hands at work.



The new Catalogue went live yesterday. Click on the words to download a PDF version of the Stampin' Up! 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue or browse through the categories at the Stampin' Up! online store.

One thing that I'm sad about, I missed posting to my blog yesterday! I had a mishap in the morning and did something to my foot. I spent the rest of the day in agony and pulled myself together enough to go to the event and hit the bed as soon as I got home from it. I was bummed that I didn't get a post done but life happens.

I finally went and had my foot looked at today. I wouldn't go yesterday because I was afraid I would end up missing the event last night, so I borrowed crutches and hobbled to the event. Tonight there is an event in Corner Brook and I will be sporting lovely new footwear, along with the crutches.



I'm looking forward to the event tonight. It should be another packed room full of happy stampers.


2 comments: