Monday 15 June 2015

New Embossing Folder Technique


I was browsing pinterest and came across a pin from Robin's Craft Room's New Stamps 1: Circle of Spring post. She had layered some card stock and then embossed all the layers at once. This was a new idea to me and I had to try it. I used her card design as inspiration, but I did change it up a little.

I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White card stock, a 1 x 3 1/2 piece of Watermelon Wonder, a 1 x 3 1/4 piece of Delightful Dijon, and a 1 x 3 piece of Mint Macaron. I adhered the coloured strips on the Whisper White and stamped a greeting from the Sprinkles of Life stamp set with Tip Top Taupe.

I then used the Zig Zag TIEF (Textured Impressions Embossing Folder) and the Big Shot to embossed the whole thing.


Next I used the new Tree Punch to add some decoration. When I first got this punch I was a little frustrated with the thought that you had to punch everything out of the one piece of paper at the same time. I knew I would want to punch the different items with different colours and I thought it was very wasteful to punch the whole thing out of each colour. I played with it a bit and figured out earlier that you could cut little strips of paper to punch just the part of the punch that I wanted in whatever colour I wanted without having to punch the whole thing. I put a note on my punch so that I would remember what size strip I needed for each item. You still get some waste but it's not too bad.


I cut a 1 inch strip of Tip Top Taupe and stamped the tree trunk from the Tree Punch with Tip Top Taupe on the strip before placing it in the punch to punch it out.



I cut a 1 1/2 inch strip of Cucumber Crush and stamped the tree leaves using the Cucumber Crush before punching it out.



I used part of the 1 inch strip of Watermelon Wonder that I had cut earlier and stamped the flower a couple of times using Watermelon Wonder before punching them out.


I adhered the tree and flowers and added tiny pearls to the flower centers before adhering the piece to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 card base.


The Sprinkles of Life stamp set is extra special because for every set that is sold Stampin' Up! donates $3 to Ronald MacDonald House Charities.


No comments:

Post a Comment