Tuesday 9 June 2015

Pansy Punch Fun


The Pansy Punch is one of the products in the Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals this week so I decided to highlight a couple of ways I used the punch.

The card above was one of the cards featured in my Virtual Stamp Night Creations blog post. For this card I used the punch to highlight a particular spot of another stamp. This technique is called the spotlight technique and it is very easy to do. You stamp an image in one colour on two different pieces of card stock and then pick an area of the image to punch out of one of the stamped images. You then colour the image on the punched piece and adhere it to the whole image with a dimensional. So easy and so cool! I need to do this again. The stamp set I used on the card is the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I coloured the image on the punched out piece with my Blender Pens.

The card below was featured in my post titled Card Stock Only Challenge.


For this card I added some texture to the pansies by placing them on the Stampin Pierce Mat and going around the edges with the round end of my Paper Piercing Tool and then turning them over and pressing the round end of the Paper Piercing Tool in the middle to make the petals pop and adding lines to the middle of each petal. I repeated that a few times until I was happy with the look. I used a number of different products and techniques with this card and you can read more about it on the original post.

The Birthday Blossoms and Flower Shop stamp sets coordinate with the Pansy Punch. Presently I don't have either of these stamp sets, but I hope to change that soon.

4 comments:

  1. I really like what you did in the first card - I love the second one, too, but I have seen it before. I would never have thought to use a different punch to highlight an area of a stamp. What a great idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was an idea that came from desperation - and it worked!

      Delete
  2. I have not tried this stamp out yet! I cant believe it. I love how you used so many techniques and layers on the second card, all in one color, and it is simply outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! You"ll have to try the punch next visit.

      Delete