Monday 4 May 2015

No Finished Product, but Inspired by a Shirt Design


Yesterday I was inspired by a shirt my little granddaughter was wearing. Here's a picture of it -


Isn't it cute? I decided to try to make some similar butterflies with my stamping supplies.

I used my Big Shot, some copy paper, and my Butterflies Thinlits Dies to make stencils.



I adhered the stencil I wanted to use to a piece of cardstock. I used sticky tack to adhere it.


In the picture below I am using a stamp from the All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin Kit to fill in the stencil. The picture at the top of this post shows the end result when the stencil was removed. I think it turned out pretty good. What do you think?


As you can see in the picture above, I had tried a different colour ink and a different stamp earlier.  Here's how that turned out.


I wasn't crazy about the end result in this one. I thought a more uniform stamp would work better, so that's when I tried the stamp above. I liked how it turned out in the top one better than this one.

Then I tried it again with a stamp from the Layers of Gratitude Paper Pumpkin kit. 



I think this one turned out pretty good too, but my favourite so far is the one at the top of this post.

I have more ideas for playing with this idea yet, but no time to play. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm able to complete a project from this inspiration.

For now, I'm still pouring over the 2015-2016 Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue, which will go live June 2. Tomorrow, however, Stampin' Up! demonstrators can place a preorder. I'm making my list and checking it twice.  :-) I'm really hoping to get my hands on some of the great stuff a.s.a.p.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you - I like the top one the best. I don't think I have a repeating stamp, but if I do, I'm going to try with some layering to see if it pops the image... either lightly stamp all around the butterfly or (probably) have a white card base, then a solid coloured butterfly with the print on top - with both butterflies tacked only in the middle so they have a 3D effect. Can't wait to try... soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Along the lines of what I've been thinking. I think there is so much you can do with this. I have a card idea in my head and I'm longing to get it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete