Thursday 14 May 2015

Faux Tin Happily Ever After


My almost double digits girl discovered acting this year and she is hooked. Last month she played two characters in a preformance called Happily Ever After, which was actually consisted of two plays - Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty - preformed back to back. She was thrilled to play the part of one of the evil stepsisters in Cinderella and one of the witch children in Sleeping Beauty. When she saw the card I made earlier with this stamp she brought to my attention that it was the title of her play, so I decided I'd make a card for her with it.

When I was exploring how to use the tin look on a card recently I had the notion that the filigree embossing folder would look cool in a tin look and this stamp would fit nicely in with it. I finally got to try it out today.

I started with a piece of cardstock that I had stamped a nice while back but it didn't turn out quite like I wanted it so I never did use it. It was the perfect piece to use.


I smeared the VersaMark ink pad all over the card stock before sprinkling it with the Silver Embossing Powder. I probably could have done it on the stamped side, but I decided to use the other side of the cardstock.


I heated it with my Heat Tool, let it cool, and repeated again twice more.

I then stamped the greeting with VersaMark in the middle of the cardstock, using a stamp from the Big News stamp set. I sprinkled it with white embossing powder and shook off the excess. I had to use a paint brush to brush off a lot of powder that stayed on where it shouldn't have. I might not have had that problem if I had a Embossing Buddy. Still, it look pretty cool before I applied the heat to it.


When I heated it up with the Heat Tool however, it didn't quite look so good.


It was like the white sunk into the silver. I was so sad. However, when I looked at it from another angle, it didn't look quite so bad, but it still didn't stand out as much as I hoped it would.


Next I put the cardstock in my filigree embossing folder and put it through my Texture Boutique. Both the Texture Boutique and the Filigree Embossing Folder are on the retiring list and are on sale until they are all gone. I'd snatch them both up if I didn't already have them.


Tada!


Kinda cool!

I adhered the tin look plate to  grey card base. The look you get depends on the angle you look at it, but missy likes it, and that's all that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment