Monday 18 May 2015

Butterfly decorations and stands


I've been playing, and I'm thinking some of these elements may find their way onto cards on my blog sometime this week, but for now, check out those butterflies in the background. Here, I'll give you a closer look.


Isn't that pretty! I read on a forum somewhere this week how someone adhered three butterflies together, placed a circle on top, and used it to hold a cupcake! I had to try it out. I decided to use the swallow tail butterfly thinlit from the Butterfly Thinlits, and that probably wasn't the smartest because the tails are not that strong. I did cut a scalloped circle using the framelit from the Circles Collection framelits and just laid it on top and tried somethings on it, but it wouldn't hold much at all.


It does look cute though. I may try it again with the other butterfly framelit, as I'm thinking that one might hold more, or I may try cutting the tails off this one to see if it can hold more that way.

I decided to try it with four butterflies, instead of three, to see if that would make it a bit stronger, and I decided to use two different colours this time.


I place the scalloped circle on top of that too, but it still couldn't hold much. Looks cute though.


And the colours you see depend on the angle you look at it from.


I think these make cool decorations even if they can't hold anything. I may play with it some more yet. We'll see. I'd love to hear if you try it and see what you do with it.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the idea - I think they'd make beautiful table decorations for a little girl's birthday party... my grandson might not appreciate it as much :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would make beautiful decorations for a girl's birthday party! Thanks for the idea. Even boys like butterflies, though, so boys might like it too, but more in blues and greens maybe. I think they'd be great for a ladies luncheon too. :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea - love these - hopefully my large butterfly die will work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it worked for you. Would love to see if if it did

      Delete