Monday 11 May 2015

Sympathy Card inspired by a Special "Aunt's" Promotion to Glory


Late last night I found out that my Aunt Joan had received her promotion to glory. Aunt Joan is not my actual aunt by blood or family relation, but she is one of those special aunts of the heart. My parents were actually renting Aunt Joan's basement apartment when I was born, and Mom looked after Aunt Joan's boys whenever Aunt Joan went out. She had a house full of boys, no girls, so I was a bit of a fascination to them. We didn't stay with them long, but my parents remained good friends with them and I remember visits to their house over the years.

Aunt Joan was a very special lady with a heart of gold. She was such a great influence on everybody she ever met. She will be greatly missed and fondly remembered.

Thinking about her today, I decided to make a sympathy card. While browsing pinterest I came across a beautiful card by Heather Telford. She featured it in her blog post OLW 16 Stamp a Scene. After reading on her blog about how she created the card, I decided to give it a try.

I took a 4 1/4x 5 1/2 whisper white card base and masked off a section of it using post it notes. Then I sponged on Pacific Point, Mossy Meadow, and Wild Wasabi, to create a background.


Before removing the post it notes, I stamped a stamp from the Lovely As a Tree stamp set a couple of times in both Mossy Meadow and Wild Wasabi. Then I removed the post it notes and stamped the same stamp another couple of times with Memento.


I stamped the sentiment using Memento with a stamp from the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set.




4 comments:

  1. What an amazing looking card. I love all the white space with the high impact in the middle. Very Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This card is so easy to do, and so much fun. Be sure to try it out.

      Delete
  2. What great depth of colour you produced in that small window. I am so glad that card still inspires; I think it is my most viewed card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Heather! I have been inspired by your blog many times.

      Delete