Tuesday 5 May 2015

Card Inspired by a Shirt


I grabbed a few minutes today before cooking supper to make this card, copying the design on this shirt belonging to my granddaugther.


Yesterday, well late last night (in a post titled No Finished Product, But Inspired by a Shirt Design) I shared how I used my Big Shot and Butterflies Thinlits Dies to make stencils and experimented with filling in the stencils with different stamps. I still haven't used the materials I shared in that post on cards yet, but I got to thinking that just maybe the stamps in the Butterfly Basics stamp set would work, so I experimented. They worked! Here's some of the experimenting I did. 


I used stamps from the Butterfly Basics stamp set for three of the butterflies on the card.



Oops! Looks like I forgot to take a picture after I stamped the butterfly with Pumpkin Pie and the honeycomb stamp from the Basic Butterflies stamp set. It's probably because I was frustrated because I had made a smear on the card with the blue. I'll tell you more about that in a bit. 

For the last butterfly I decided to sponge the ink in the stencil for the last butterfly, to mimic the full coloured butterfly on the shirt.


Next I stamped the greeting.


Okay, back to the smear.  Notice how the stamp pads are placed strategically in the same spot in each of the photos after I stamped with the blue? That's to cover up the lovely smear of blue ink I somehow managed to place there. I was so frustrated with myself! And I even had another little smear of blue where I stamped the greeting. I was tempted to throw the card out, but then I had an idea! 

I decided to make the smear part of the design of the card. I dabbed a corner of a clear block in each of the colours and then touched them to the edges all around the card. Then I dabbed my finger on each of the colours and touched my finger lightly to the card here and there. 

I have to say, I think it added to the card. It was kind of plain before I did that. I'm still thinking it needs a little something so I may add something to it yet.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment