Saturday 7 March 2015

My Stampin' Buddy Inspires Me


I have a remarkable Stampin' Buddy. I don't know what I'd do without her. She is so creative! We get together to stamp at my house at least once a week. One of the reasons I joined Stampin' Up! was because I hoped it would be a vehicle to help me get to know people in the community, and I am so thankful for the relationship it has allowed me to develop with this special lady. She lives right across the street from me, but we had rarely spoken before I started Stampin' Up!.

I made the above card during one of our recent Stampin' nights. It was inspired by this pin which is from Patty's Stamping Spot's post Luv 2 Stamp Group Samples of Butterfly Basics, Part 1.

I didn't have the wood grain stamp that she appeared to have used as the background for her card so, with some encouragement from my Stampin' Buddy, I improvised. I inked up a clear block the same size as the paper I was using by rubbing my Baked Brown Sugar ink pad down the block to create streaks. It took a few tries but I finally got a look I was happy with and proceeded to stamp the images on top of the background I had created.

My Stampin' Buddy always totally finishes her cards by stamping the inside of the card. I often don't bother with that but this time, inspired by her, I stamped the inside of the card too, leaving a space in the middle for a personal message.


I did one more simple card that night during our Stampin' time. Meanwhile the following is just some of the cards that my Stampin' Buddy completed that night! 


She seriously is a Super Stamper! This really is only a portion of the cards she made that night. I forgot to get pictures of the rest. To check out more of her beautiful creations check out Sarah's Card Creations pinterest board. How could you not be inspired Stampin' with someone as creative as her?

I can't wait for our next Stampin' time to see what she'll create.

If you live close by, you are welcome to join us Stampin'. Wednesday night's are our main nights. No set plan, just come and stamp with us. Check out my Whatever You Want Wednesday Facebook page for details and to let me know if you want to join us.

1 comment:

  1. Your stampin' buddy sounds like a nice lady, Jac! ;) I love this card so much, that I think i'll make a set of them the next time I pop by for a round of stamping. The colors are perfect, and the design is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete