Friday 13 February 2015

Birthday Bokehs



The background paper for this card was created using shades of red - Real Red, Melon Mambo, Strawberry Slush, and Blushing Bride. Here is a video of me making the background paper:



To make the card I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of Crushed Curry card stock in half to get an 8 1/2 of 5 1/2 piece and scored it at 4 1/4.

I trimmed one side of the background paper so that it was 4 x 5 1/2.

I used my Big Shot and one of the framelits from the Secret Garden Framelits set to cut the flower out of Strawberry Slush card stock. I used a Stampin' Write marker to draw some lines on the petals to give the flower a bit of detail and I rubbed my fingernails along the edge of the petals and shaped them a bit to give them some dimension.

I used my Big Shot again and one of the shapes in the Fun Flowers Bigz die cut set to cut the flower centre out of Crushed Curry card stock. I drew some dots with a Stampin' Write marker on it to give it a bit of detail.

I adhered the centre to the flower and the flower to the card with glue dots.

I used Memento ink to stamp the greeting using one of the stamps from the Big Day stamp set.

I cut a 4 1/2 piece of Crushed Curry Ribbon from the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack and wrapped it around and adhered it to the panel with glue dots.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




A friend created this card when she was visiting one day. I was so excited about just learning the bokeh technique I just had to teach her how to do it. She used Blackberry Bliss, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, and Hello Honey, along with Whisper White Craft to create the bokeh look. The card base is Blackberry bliss and the greeting is stamped on a piece of Crushed Curry. The greeting is stamped with Blackberry Bliss and is one of the stamps from the December Paper Pumpkin kit. She also used one of the stamps from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set to add some of the Whisper White ink. I love how it turned out!

I'd love to see your creations with the bokeh technique.

3 comments:

  1. Just love the Bokeh effect! Im glad to see all the different versions you are creating; each one different colors with different results, all stunningly beautiful! I cant wait for you to teach me how to do this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! LOVE that second card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bokeh party at your house on the 28th! :)

    ReplyDelete