Tuesday 3 February 2015

Card inspired by Sale-a-Bration Product of the Week



The above card was inspired by one of the cards in the February 3, 2015 Sale-a-Bration Product of the Week project sample PDF.


Here's a funny for you - I put the front of the card together and was so proud of how it looked. When I picked it up for a closer look I discovered the card was upside down! I had to take everything off and reposition and re-stamp. So remember to check and make sure your card is the right way before you start adhering and stamping.  :-)

I love the papers in the Best Year Ever Designer Series paper pack. You get 12 beautiful double sided 12x12 sheets. When I started gathering my materials to make the card I was disappointed to discover that while I had card stock in most of the colours listed to match the papers, I only had one of the ink pads listed, but to my delight I discovered that some of the colours I did have matched just fine.

I knew that the Best Day Ever Stamp set coordinated with the Best Year Ever Designer Series paper but I didn't realize how well until I went to stamp this card. I love how closely they match and can't wait to do another card with another of the papers and stamps to show case just how well they match. Both of these products, along with the Simply Wonderful stamp set that I also used in this project are not available for purchase but may be earned for free simply by purchasing other merchandise. They are featured in the Sale-a-Bration brochure and are only available until March 31. If you would like to know more, let me know.

I started by cutting an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of whisper white card stock in half so that I had an 8 1/2 by 5 1/2 piece to make my card base. I scored and folded this at 4 1/4.

I cut a 5 1/4 x 3 piece of patterned paper and stuck that to the card base.

I used a 2 x 2 1/2 piece of whisper white card stock to stamp my image on. It just so happened that I had this piece, already sponged around the edges with a mixture of crisp cantaloupe and blushing bride, in with my scraps from working on other projects. I love when I get to make use of my scraps! I stamped the images using crisp cantaloupe, hello honey, coastal cabana, and wild wasabi with stamps from the Best Day Ever stamp set.

I cut a 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 piece of soft suede card stock as a mat for the stamped image and adhered the two together before adhering them to the card. I stamped the greeting directly onto the whisper white card base in baked brown sugar using a stamp from the Simply Wonderful stamp set.

The inside of the card is stamped with the same colours as the front with stamps from the Best Day Ever Stamp set.



I'd love to see any creations you might make inspired by these cards.

These are the products I used to create my card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 If you are interested in trying out or purchasing any of these products, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Love this card, its simple yet stunning!

    ReplyDelete