Wednesday 4 February 2015

Valentine Cards using January 2015 Paper Pumpkin stamps




Two simple cards I made with stamps from the January 2015: Filled With Love Paper Pumpkin kit. 

Paper Pumpkin is Stampin' Up!s monthly subscription kit. Every month a surprise package arrives at your door with all the supplies you need to complete that month's project. Sometimes the projects are cards, but sometimes they're not. You can read all about it at MyPaperPumpkin.com . I love Paper Pumpkin!

This particular month's project was cute little treat bags. You can see the supplies and the project in  Stampin' Up!s video of the kit:




I just used the stamps from the kit for these cards, nothing else from the kit. That's the great thing that I love about Paper Pumpkin - you get a different stamp set in every kit. You also get a different ink spot in the kit each month. It's a great way to build up your stamps and inks if you're just starting out stamping.

During Sale-A-Bration, until March 31, you can purchase a 3-month subscription for $68.85, making you eligible for one of the free products in the Sale-A-Bration brochure!


This card I made to fit a standard letter size envelope. I cut a 6 1/4 x 7 piece of whisper white card stock and scored it at 3 1/2. I stamped the red hearts with Real red. I stamped the gold with gold embossing ink and sprinkled with gold embossing powder before heat embossing.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



This card I made the standard card size I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock in half to make an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece and scored it at 4 1/4. I stamped the big hearts in Blushing Bride and used the wrong side of one of the big stamping up hearts in the kit. I used the wrong side because the right side of these stamps had words on it and I didn't want just plain hearts so I could stamp the other sentiments on them.  I stamped the sentiments in the hearts with with Real Red. I stamped the little hearts with Melon Mambo and Strawberry Slush.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

6 comments:

  1. Love the first card! Looking forward to getting my first paper pumkin kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to use the back of the stamps to make the hearts and then place the sentiment. Cool idea!! Thanks so much for playing with us at My Pumpkin Challenge. Would love if you place our banner and link back to us. Love using Paper Pumpkin!!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried copying and pasting your button code from your blog but couldn't get it to work. :-(

      Delete
  3. Goodness, what brilliant ideas for the pumpkin! I'm totally trying that back-of-the-stamp trick! I especially love your tall one - the ink and gold-emboss mixed look so refined! Thanks so much for playing at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! I like the gold hearts too! Great job. Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete