Monday 23 February 2015

Changing Plans result in two cards instead of one


I got my Butterfly thinlits today and set to searching YouTube and Pinterest for ideas. I found a bunch! The first one I decided to try was from Stamping to Share's post: Butterfly Basics Bundle with Irresistibly Yours Specialty DSP.

I decided to use a different paper from the Irresistibly Yours pack and different colours ink and card stock. I fully intended to follow her plans fairly closely but plans changed as I got working. I ended up making two cards instead of one, both with elements similar to the original card that inspired them but yet very different. To see the original card that inspired my two cards click on the link to the post on Stampin to Share in the paragraph above.

One of the cards I made is featured in the photo at the top of this post. I used a Soft Suede card base and Real Red ink. I sponged Real Red diagonally across almost half of the piece of Irresistibly Your paper. I stamped the greeting in Real Red ink on a small piece of Whisper White card stock and sponged the edges of it to make it stand out. I used my Big Shot to cut one of the Butterfly Thinlits out of Real Red card stock. 

I loved the look of the butterfly on the sponged paper when I placed it there while I was doing other stamping. That's when I started to consider changing my plans. I really like how it turned out.



This is the second card I made. I had stamped the image of the flower on a longer piece of paper and planned to cut it to the size needed for the card that I was originally going to make, but I loved the look of it on the card base just as it was when I placed it there while stamping something else. 

Once again I used a Soft Suede card base and I stamped the flower image on Whisper White card stock with Baked Brown Sugar. I stamped the greeting with Real Red. I decided to stamp the fern image directly on the card stock base with Baked Brown Sugar. I had stamped off and was hoping for a softer stamped look but one side came out darker than I really wanted but I worked with it. I then use the honeycomb stamp and stamped off a couple of times before stamping it lightly in the bottom corner by the fern and up the side a little. The stamps are all from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I cut the smallest butterfly in the Butterfly Thinlits out of Real Red Coredinations card stock and crumbled it and sanded it with a nail file before straightening it out again and adhering it to the card. It looks much nice in person.

So, I started out to make one card, but ended up with two. Plans often change on the run when I'm stamping.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment