Monday 9 February 2015

Super simple stunning valentine card



This card is so easy and fast to make, yet it's beautiful!

I made a card base made by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of whisper white card stock in half to get an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece, which I scored at 4 1/4.

Using the Texture Boutique Machine, I embossed the edge of the card with one of the delicate impressions embossing folders, and then trimmed the edge with scissors following the line of the embossing. There is a large scallop edgelit you can get to make the same cut but I don't have it so I improvised. Some day I hope to get that edgelit.

I then stamped with real red ink and stamps from the January 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit: Filled with Love. I stamped down the side of the card with the plain heart stamp, tipping the stamp alternately while going down the card, and added the greeting.

So fast and easy! And I think it is beautiful!

If you haven't tried out the Texture Boutique Machine yet you don't know what you're missing.  It is so much fun! This particular embossing folder is one of my favourite from the ones I've collected so far. If you'd like the chance to try the Texture Boutique, let me know and I will arrange a class for you to try it out.

Unfortunately the stamps that I used on this card are not available for purchase. They are from an exclusive stamp set for the January 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit and only available to those that subscribed for the January 2015 Paper Pumpkin. Past kits are sometimes available to current subscribers so there is a possibility you may be able to get it if you become a subscriber, but there's no guarantee this particular kit will be available as there are a limited supply. However, if you become a subscriber you won't have to worry about missing any more exclusive stamp sets.  :-)

I am sending out my Paper Pumpkin Subscribers a card base so that they can make this card. To learn more about the perks of signing up for Paper Pumpkin with me, check out the Paper Pumpkin tab at the top of the page.

The Groovy Love stamp set has similar stamps that you could use to create a similar card. If you place an order with me to purchase the Groovy Love stamp set, a red ink pad, and a one month subscription to Paper Pumpkin I will send you the card base needed to make one of these cards.

If you subscribe to Paper Pumpkin before the 10th of the month you will receive that month's kit, so tomorrow is the last day to subscribe in time to receive the kit for February. I have no idea what is in the kit and I can't wait to find out. Why don't you sign up and join in the fun?

During Sale-A-Bration there is a special on a 3-month Paper Pumpkin Subscription. For $68.85 you get a 3-month subscription to Paper Pumpkin and you are eligible for one of the free products in the Sale-a-Bration brochure.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment