Friday 6 February 2015

Mess Ups Can Become Masterpieces


A little while go I watched this technique where someone spritzed water on a stamped image right after stamping it to make the ink run a bit and give it a watercolour effect.  I had to give it a try.

I stamped my image on whisper white card stock with Strawberry Slush and then spritzed it with water right away. After a few minutes a tapped off the access water with a paper towel. I loved the effect! I needed to trim the strip to use it on a card but it was still a bit damp when I went to cut it and I ended up with a tear and wrinkles.  I was about to throw it out when I had a brain storm - I could make it a grunge look card! I crumbled the card stock up a bit and made a few more tears in it. I loved the result. Then I decided to spritz it with some daffodil delight mixed with alcohol, adding a little more colour. I matted the image with a piece of strawberry slush cardstock and scraped all along the edge with my finger nails a few times to give the mat a bit of a grunge look. I took a strip of hello honey and did the same with that. I wish I had some daffodil delight card stock to use but I didn't so I made use of what I had. I also scraped my fingernail along the edge of the whisper card base I had cut. I decided to very lightly spritz the right edge of the card base with the daffodil delight before attaching the other pieces to the base. The lighting is not great in the picture above but the end result is a very cool card!

So, if you mess up while creating, don't fret, just adjust your thinking and create a masterpiece.  :-)

This card is stamped with one of my favourite stamp sets in the Sale-a-Bration brochure - the Lotus Blossom set. It cannot be bought, but can be earned by ordering $60 worth of merchandise. It is only available until March 31. You seriously don't want to miss the chance to get this stamp set. It is so much fun! I'd love to help you plan a $60 order so that you can get a Lotus Blossom stamp set for yourself. If you want to come to my place and try out the stamp set, just let me know by filling in the contact form to the right.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment