Thursday 12 February 2015

Bokeh Technique with just one ink colour


I decided to experiment and see if I could create the Bokeh look with just one ink colour and I love the result! I try to come up with ideas for my Paper Pumpkin subscribers to show them things they can do with the inks and stamps they get with their kits. All I added to this was the card stock and adhesive. The only other things used are the ink spots and stamp sets from Paper Pumpkin kits.

Both of these cards are made to fit standard letter size envelopes. For each one I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock to get a 6 1/4 x 7 piece and scored it at 3 1/2. From the left over card stock I cut a piece 2 1/4 x 3 1/2 to use to make the mat for the bokeh piece and another 2 x 3/4 to do the bokeh technique on.

You can watch me create the card on the right, and see how I got the Bokeh look with one ink colour, in this video which my 9 year old taped:





This card was made with the ink spot and stamps from the January 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit. This stamp set is exclusive to the kit and is not available for purchase. Sometimes past paper pumpkin kits become available for purchase to subscribers so there is a possibility this kit could be one of the  past kits available for a while, but there is no guarantee.

You could, however, use the small heart in Another Thank-You,  Wood You Be Mine, or Snuggles and Smoochies or another stamp set to create a similar card. All you would need is a sheet of 8/12 x 11 very vanilla or whisper white card stock, Real Read ink, or some other of your choice, and a sponge.








This card was created using the ink spot and stamp set from the November 2014: Simply Snowflake Paper Pumpkin kit. Once again this stamp set is exclusive to the kit and is not available for purchase.

You could create a similar card by using stamps from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar or Celebrate Today stamp set. All you would need is a sheet of 8/12 x 11 very vanilla or whisper white card stock, Lost Lagoon ink, or some other of your choice, and a sponge.










If you place an order with me for at least one ink pad and any stamp set you like I will send you the paper needed, cut and ready to go, to make one card in each stamp colour you purchase.

Check out Jac's Stampin' Points at the top of this page to see how to earn Jac's Stampin' Points towards free product.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't watched the whole video yet but I will when I get the time. Love this technique and love the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea! I love the mini hearts mixed in to the effect. Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge.

    ReplyDelete