Saturday 14 February 2015

Bokeh Technique with watercolour paper and re-inkers



For this card I started with a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of Stampin' Up! watercolour paper. 

First I sprayed the paper with the spritzer before squeezing drops of ink from three different re-inkers randomly over the card. I used Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, and Daffodil Delight. I spritzed the card again and tipped it a bit to help the colours run and spread over the page.

Using a piece of paper with circles punched out as a stencil and placing it randomly over the card, I used Stampin' Up!s Whisper White Craft ink pad to sponge circles. Finally I used the splat stamp from the Perpetual Calendar stamp set to place random splats.

I let this dry for a long time before continuing.

I cut a piece of 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 piece of whisper white card stock and stamped the sentiment on it with a stamp from the Best Day Ever stamp set using Coastal Cabana ink pad. The Best Day Ever stamp set is one of the Sale-A-Bration items that can be earned for free when you spend $60 during Sale-A-Bration.

I cut a 1 3/4 x 3 piece of Coastal Cabana card stock to use as a mat for the stamped image.

I cut a 2 x 2 1/4 piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock to make it a double mat. I adhered the whole thing to the card front.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


I am hosting a Bokeh Card Class Saturday, February 28 at 7pm at my place. You will get to try the bokeh with one colour, bokeh with sponging, and bokeh with watercolour. $15 charge. Use the contact form at the right to let me know if you are interested or join the Bokeh Card Class FaceBook Event.


No comments:

Post a Comment