Sunday 8 February 2015

Cards for difficult times


The Thoughts and Prayers Stamp set is one of my favourite. It is a great set for creating cards for friends that may be going through difficult times. I love the images and the sentiments in the set. I am only featuring one of the sentiments in this post.


For this card I started with a whisper white card base which I created by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock to get an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece which I scored at 4 1/4.
I cut a 5 3/8 x 4 piece of Early Espresso card stock and adhered it to the front of the card.
I cut a 5 1/4 x 4 piece of pistachio pudding. I embossed the edge of the card with one of the Delicate Designs embossing folders and trimmed the scalloped edge with scissors before adhering it to on top of the Early Espresso.
I cut a piece of 4 1/4 x 2 3/8  piece of whisper white card stock to stamp the images on. 
Instead of inking the stamp with an ink pad, I applied the ink by colouring directly on the rubber stamp before stamping. I inked the tree trunk and branches by inking that part of the rubber stamp with an Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker. I didn't have a Pistachio Pudding Marker but I learned a little while ago that you can pick up ink from any stamp pad with a Blender Pen to use to colour stamped images or to apply ink to a stamp before stamping. I inked the leaves by using a Blender Pen and picking up ink from a Pistachio Pudding ink pad to ink the leaves on the rubber stamp. I then "huffed" (kind of like blowing) on the stamp a couple of times to ensure the ink was wet before stamping it onto the card. I coloured the sentiment with the Early Espresso marker and stamped it on.
I cut a 4 1/2 x 3 piece of Early Espresso card stock to make a mat for the image. I adhered the two together before adhering them to the card front.
I love how it turned out.



For this card I again started with a whisper white card base which I created by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of card stock to get an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece which I scored at 4 1/4.
I cut a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Calypso Coral card stock and embossed it with the Filigree Embossing Folder which was in the Holiday catalog but sadly is no longer available.
I cut 3 3/4 x 2 3/4 piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Once again I used the Early Espresso Stampin' Write maker to ink the stem of the flower image directly on the rubber stamp. I used the Blender Pen to pick up ink from a Wild Wasabi ink pad to ink the leaves and also to pick up ink from a Pistachio Pudding ink pad to ink the flowers. Once the stamp was all inked I "huffed" on it to make sure the ink was wet before stamping the image. It took a bit of time but I love how it turned out. I inked the sentiment with the Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker before stamping it.
I cut a 3 x 4 piece of Early Espresso card stock and adhered the stamped image to it before adhering both to the card front.
You can't really notice it in the pictures but the Very Vanilla gives the card a softer look than if I had used Whisper White.

If you are interested in trying out this method of inking images, let me know by filling in the contact form to the right. If you live close by I'll try to arrange a class for you to attend. If you live too far to come to a class, I can arrange to demonstrate it for you through Skype or FaceTime if you are interested.

If don't already have the supplies and you place an order with me for all of the following:
1. a Thoughts and Prayers stamp set, 
2. an Early Espresso ink pad or marker, 
3. a Pistachio Pudding or Wild Wasabi ink pad, 
4. a Coral Calypso ink pad, 
5. a blender pen, 
I will send you the paper supplies needed to make both of these cards and guide you through making them, either in person or through the internet. If you add a little more to your order, so that it totals $60, you will be eligible to receive one of the free products in the Sale-a-Bration brochure. You can have the order delivered directly to you. Let me know if you are interested and want more information.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment