Saturday 11 April 2015

A cluster of words, not coming out like I wanted


A simple card with a cluster of words from a variety of different sets. I liked the concept, but I didn't like the end result. I decided to try again.



I did some rearranging of the words, to what I hoped would be a better arrangement. The fact that it was a mixture of clear stamps and photopolymer stamps made it a little tricky to arrange them for stamping, especially in the manner that I had decided to stamp them. Instead of stamping each phrase separately, I wanted to try and stamp them all together as much as possible. That  had to be considered in the arrangement. Once I had them in place it was time to load the clear stamps onto the clear block. I simply laid the block on top of the arrangement and pushed down hard.


It worked! Hurray!


Then it was time to load up the photopolymer words. Once again I put the block over the words and pushed down hard.


They loaded onto the block no problem, but....for some reason one of the phrases did not print onto the card. Because they were photopolymer stamps, meaning I could see exactly where I was laying them, I decided to ink them a second time and try to stamp over what I had just stamped to see if that phrase would stamp this time. It didn't. I have no idea why. I was frustrated! I tried a third time, still no success and now the other phrases were getting darker and looking not as nice. I was more frustrated, and I quit! And I didn't even get a picture of the disaster.

Thinking about it later, I wonder if maybe there might have been a bit of a dip in the table at that point or something. It was really weird because everything stamped fine the first time I did it, with the first arrangement, but I was doing the stamping on a different part of my table, so it is possible it may have been a factor.

I will try this again, and I may try doing it a different way, not attempting to stamp as many words as possible at once. We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment