Monday 13 April 2015

Happily Ever After Water Colour Emboss Resist


I did the center piece of this card quite a while ago but didn't incorporate it into a card until today.

I adapted the technique from the Watercolour Wonder With Stampin' Up! post on the Canadian Scrapbooker Blog. I stamped the greeting from the Big News stamp set with versamark onto a piece of watercolour paper and then sprinkled it with white embossing powder before using the Heat Tool to emboss it. After that I squeezed my Coastal Cabana ink pad before opening it to get some ink in the cover and I picked up that ink with a water soaked paint brush and made a few brush strokes across the embossing.

The piece is matted onto a piece of Coastal Cabana card stock. I adhered a piece of Best Year Ever DSP* across the bottom of the Whisper White card base and then adhered the matted greeting on top of it. The ribbon is from the Best Year Ever accessory pack*. The sequins are left overs from the All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin Kit.

*The Best Year Ever DSP and the Best Year Ever Accessory Pack were special Sale-a-bration items and are no longer available.

No comments:

Post a Comment