Thursday 23 April 2015

Spring is in the air - time for pinwheels!


The Wednesday Tutorial at SplitcoastStampers this week was the Pinwheel Fun Fold Tutorial. When I saw it, I thought Anna might enjoy making it, so she and I tried it out today when we finished our school work. 

The picture above is the one I made. Here's what it looks like opened up - 


Here's the one Anna made - 


And here's her's opened up - 


If you look close you can see that her pinwheel is thicker than mine. That's because we made them a little different. I wanted to get a picture of the two of them together to clearly show the different but Anna took off to give her's away as soon as she got it finished.  :-)

In the tutorial, they use the Simply Scored tool and the Simply Scored Diagonal Scoring Plate to make the pinwheel card. I don't have either of those, though I wish I did, so I had to improvise.

First I decided we should try it using the Stampin' Trimmer and the Envelope Punch Board. That's what we used for Anna's card.


It made the pinwheel a little thicker and the center inside a little smaller, but it worked fine.

I just used the Stampin' Trimmer for mine. To make the diagonal score lines I just placed the corners of my paper at the 2 1/8 mark.



The worse thing about a funfold card like this is you have to give the person you give it to instructions on how to open it and how to close it again, so you kind of need to give it to someone in person, or else send written instructions with the card. They are fun though, and the pinwheel seems perfect for this time of year, when Spring is in the air.

Both the paper and the stamp set we used were products from this year's Sale-a-Bration and, unfortunately are no longer available for purchase, but any double sided paper and stamp set would work.


1 comment:

  1. Fun cards - great that your daughter made it and shared it straight-away

    ReplyDelete