Tuesday 28 April 2015

Flowing flowers on a simple card


While browsing pinterest recently, a card from Lin's Another 1-Layer Card post caught my eye and I scooped out my stamps for similar stamps that I could use to create a card like it. I love how simple this card is to make.

First I masked off a strip across the card around the middle. Then I used one of the stamps from the Mother's Love stamp set and used some of the colours from the Brights Colour Collection (Bermuda Bay, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, and Pumpkin Pie). After that I inked up just a small part of another one of the stamps in the set with Old Olive and stamped here and there to give the idea of leaves scattered through the flowers. When I removed the mask, I stamped one flower part way in the stamped area and part way in the previous masked area. The greeting was stamped, using Memento, with a stamp from the All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin kit.

Mother's Love stamp set

All Shook Up stamp set

If you are interested in learning how to make a similar card, let me know. I'd love to teach you how to do it.




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Im interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple, but simply beautiful. I'm going to try this soon... (I'm going to try a lot SOON!)

    ReplyDelete