Monday 20 April 2015

Watercolour Ways to Use It Challenge: Part One - Embossing Resist




The Ways To Use It challenge this past Thursday at SplitcoastStampers was to use a watercoloured background and the challenge contained links to a number of different technique tutorials and I just had to try a couple. Today's post is about my attempt to try one of these tutorials. Tomorrow 's post will be about another one.

One of the tutorials was the Watercolour Embossing Resist tutorial.  The card above was made using that technique. It involved stamping an image on watercolour paper with versamark, sprinkling it with white embossing powder, heat embossing it using the heat tool, and then colouring it with markers and water and a paint brush.



I decided to mat the finished piece with Wild Wasabi, and I wanted to give it a framed look, so I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Wild Wasabi and then cut the middle out of it and adhered the watercolour paper on the back of it before adhering it to a whisper white cardbase.




I used stamps from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. This set is so versatile that I can't imagine anyone not wanting it. It is so much fun to play with.




No comments:

Post a Comment