Monday 27 April 2015

Simple, One Colour Card



This card was inspired by a card on Heather Telford's Berry Branch - Spring & Summer blog post. I loved how she did four season cards with the one stamp and went in search of my stamps to see if I had a similar stamp that I could use. The closest thing I had was a stamp in the Beauty of the Season stamp set, which sadly is no longer available for purchase. Here's a peek of the stamps in the set anyway


I really love this set. It was in the Christmas catalogue 2014. I used the little twig stamp on the upper left hand side on this card. This is the only card I've made yet but I may attempt to make one for each season eventually.

I stamped parts of the branch on the left hand side of the card in both Pistachio Pudding and Old Olive. Then I masked off part of the card and sponged it with Pistachio Pudding. I didn't sponge a wide enough section to please me at first so decided to sponge it a little wider, but I was left with two distinct lines on one side. Then I decided to just sponge another distinct line on the other side, and I was pleased with how it turned out in the end.

The greeting was stamped in Old Olive using a stamp from the All Shook Up Paper pumpkin kit. 

I think this is a great card for a guy so I'm submitting it in the Make it Masculine Clean and Simple Challenge at Splitcoaststampers


No comments:

Post a Comment