Saturday 4 April 2015

When things don't work out the way you thought they would



I wanted to make an Easter Card, but I don't have any Easter specific stamps, so I put on my thinking cap. I experimented a bit and came up with a plan. But things didn't work out as I planned. I thought I had it all figured out, but when I went to put it together, it just didn't work, so I had to come up with another plan.

The cross made using one of the stamps from the Mother's Love stamp set was part of my plan. I thought it made an interesting, artsy cross. My plan was to have a wreath hanging on the cross, but it just didn't look right, so I ended up putting the wreath inside.


The wreath was made using stamps from the Wondrous Wreath stamp set and die cuts from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits dies. The banner was made using a die cut from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits dies. I printed the words with a Stampin' Write Marker and also went around the edge of the banner with the markers.

Not what I planned, but I think it turned out okay. I like how the front of the card is plain, symbolic of the darkness of the death of Jesus on the cross, while the inside of the card is more colourful, symbolic of the light and hope his resurrection brought.

Which got me thinking...

It's kind of like how Jesus followers must have felt. They never dreamed that Jesus dying on the cross was part of the plan to bring His kingdom on earth, but there was a higher plan that they didn't know anything about. The day Jesus died on the cross was a dark, dreary day, but it wasn't the end. A few days later things brightened up in a way they never would have imagined, and there's still more to come! We look forward to the day that is coming!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right Jacqueline - you nailed it with this card :)

    ReplyDelete