Tuesday 21 April 2015

Watercolour Ways to Use It Challenge: Part Two - Embossing Folder Stamping



The Ways To Use It challenge this past Thursday at SplitcoastStampers was to use a watercoloured background and the challenge contained links to a number of different technique tutorials and I just had to try a couple.Yesterday's post is about my attempt to try one of these tutorials. Today's post is about another one.


The Embossing Folder Stamping Watercolour Technique is so easy, and fun! I used the Lovely Lace embossing folder and using my Stamping Sponges I sponged on some Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Tangelo Twist, and Hello Honey.




When the colours were all on, I misted it with water using the Stampin' Spritzer.

 

Then I pressed the cardstock down onto the embossing folder.


And Voila! this is how it turned out - 


I left it to dry before moving it, but looking back now I think I probably should have soaked up the excess water with a paper towel because it pooled in a couple of places and looked a little wonky, but I managed to cover that with the design of the card when I put it together.

Using my Big Shot and one of the Butterfly Thinlits I cut a butterfly out of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I stamped the greeting with Wild Wasabi using one of the stamps in the Butterfly Basics stamp set and I also sponged the edges of the watercolour paper with Wild Wasabi. I adhered the finished piece to a Hello Honey card base.







No comments:

Post a Comment